Kitchen Canister Fixed UpSeptember 8th, 2014 in member junk
I found this great piece at a flea market at my local fairgrounds. I got it for $15. The top drawers were not closing evenly and I descovered there was a big (empty) mud wasp nest behind it! So I started by cleaning that out.
After soaking in rust remover, it didn't look any different. I read lots and lots of tips on removing rust. The "scrubbing with a foil ball" method was very successful on the fronts of the drawers but I think the body of the canister was too far gone. I decided to paint it with white appliance epoxy so it would have a durable finish. I love how it turned out :)
posted in: member junk, vintage, metal, container, organizer, retro, 50s