Girly Flair for my Thrifty ChairJanuary 23rd, 2013 in member junk
I wanted to use these linen hand-me-down "pants" even though they looked horrible on me, so I put them on my chair!
- 3/4 yard of fabric & a staple gun made recovering the seat a snap
- I cut the pants off at the knees and used a stitch-ripper to open the seams
- The open pants fit the perimeter of the seat perfectly, so I just stapled them to the frame
- The chair still looked plain, so I added a pleated "stripe" to the seat by using Heat-n-Bond
- Voila! My thrift store chair got some girly flair in under an hour and cost less than $10 with all the supplies!
Pattern or design used: My own design - Girly Flair for my Thrifty Chair
posted in: member junk, vintage, cottage, furniture, whimsical, fabric, brown, office, blue, beige